Food Issues of Contemporary Society

This is the online forum of "Food Issues," a tool that we hope will stimulate class discussion and house our small intellectual community. It will be only as fruitful as we make it...so post with abandon.

December 18, 2006

FYI: CSAs

Although the next harvest season seems rather far away, I thought I should let you all know about the CSA that Grace and I observed our report. I joined the Prince George CSA, located on 28th St., last spring, and it was a really great experience for me. Although some hardships due to weather shortened the supply of produce this summer and fall, the vegetables that were distributed were of excellent quality overall. If any of you are living in Manhattan next year, especially around the 20s and 30s, I would strongly encourage you to consider joining their CSA. They are committed to providing fresh produce for all income levels, so the price you pay is based on how much you make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home